10 years of evolution (research report)
PUBLICATION DATE: 2017
TARGET AUDIENCE: general public
CONTENT: research report comparing the evolution of young people’s attitude towards sexual diversity from 2001 to 2012.
The other side of the closet
PARTNERS: CSQ, FAE, Coalition des familles LGBT
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 2017
AUDIENCE: school staff
– help school staff analyze their surroundings and ask themselves the right questions before they come to their colleagues or students.
– take stock of the research carried out on the coming-out in schools.
United in Diversity
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 2016
PUBLIC-CIBLE : primary school staff
– address the issues of homosexuality, bisexuality and sexual stereotyping with students from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
– combating bullying and homophobia in schools
CONTENT : twenty activities to carry out with students, information and vocabulary related to the reality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans* (LGBT) individuals
* You can also order a USB key by contacting GRIS-Montréal at 514 590-0016 or at email@example.com (limited quantities)
AUTHOR : Robert Pilon (intervenant et président du GRIS de 2003 à 2012)
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 2015
AUDIENCE: general public
- – book written in honour of GRIS-Montreal’s 20th anniversary
- – reducing homophobia by presenting gay, lesbian and bisexual role models
CONTENT: funny, touching, always captivating, this book collects testimony from GRIS volunteers and several public personalities of diverse sexual orientations (Jean-Philippe Dion, Xavier Dolan, Anne Dorval, Chantal Fontaine, etc.)
FOR SALE: in bookstores or at the GRIS-Montréal office
Démystifier l’homosexualité, ça commence à l’école
DATE OF PUBLICATION : 2011
AUDIENCE: peducational staff
- – help staff pass along objective information about homosexuality
- – fight against the devastating effects of homophobia that young people are victim of, particularly boys
- – develop a comfort level for teachers to talk about homosexuality
CONTENT: series of pedagogical activities to carry out at the primary ad secondary level, an inventory of community resources, videos, books and films addressing the subject of homosexuality
This pedagogical guide received support from the ministère des Relations avec le citoyen et de l’Immigration.
To order it, you can: